- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has invited four more Senior Advocates of Nigeria for questioning for allegedly transferring undisclosed sums of money to the bank accounts of some judges currently under investigation
A top EFCC operative told Punch that the senior lawyers were invited on Friday to explain why they transferred the said money to the bank accounts of the judges under probe.
However, the EFCC source declined to disclose the amounts of money involved or the names of the lawyers it had recently invited for questioning.
“We had earlier invited four SANs for the same reason and we have just invited four more, bringing the number to eight.
” I can tell you that our investigation revealed that huge sums of money were transferred to some judges by the senior lawyers but for now, we cannot mention their names or the amounts of money involved,” the source said.