Tuesday, 22/8/2017 | 3:28 UTC+0
LATEST NAIJA NEWS – Nigeria News  | Breaking News | Today News
Need Website design
Do you need a website for your business?

10 dead, 30 injured in suicide attacks

Boko Haram

10 people have been reported dead in an explosion which occurred in Chibok, Borno State today, January 27, 2016.
30 people were also injured in the attack which was carried out by three suicide bombers, according to AFP.
“They were suicide attacks. The first bomber set off his explosives at the checkpoint where people coming into the town were being searched,” Ayuba Chibok, a community leader, said.
“A second bomber managed to get into the market and blew himself up. A third bomber was identified and residents pursued him. When he realised he was about to be apprehended he detonated his explosives in an area not far from the market.
“The casualty toll is not conclusive but so far, at least 10 people have been confirmed dead and over 30 injured.
“Some people have shut themselves in their homes while others have fled into the bush for fear of more explosions. The situation is now tense and there’s so much confusion. It will take some time before we can be able to have a clearer picture of the casualties,” he added.
The attack is believed to be the work of terrorist sect, Boko Haram which the Nigerian government says it has “technically” defeated.
Chibok made headlines in April 2014 due to the abduction of over 200 girls from the town by the sect.
Most of the girls remain in captivity.

Loading...

About

Facebook Comments