Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Alleged certificate forgery: More trouble for Dino Melaye as FG begins investigation
- Caution your appointees now before they destroy our democracy, Fayose warns Buhari
- Governor Ortom names ex-aide as mastermind of Benue killings
- Buhari’s men in more troubles as Senate uncovers e-passport scam
- It is not depression, Ifa priests give real reason why Dr Allwell Orji jumped into Lagos Lagoon
Ten suspected commercial sex workers arrested in different parts of Minna metropolis while plying their trade have been sentenced to different jail terms for prostitution.
The women, who were rounded up by the Head of Operation of the Liquor Licensing Board, Mallam Shehu Kagara, on Mandela road and at Nagari hotel were arraigned before a Chief Magistrate court in Minna.
The prosecution counsel, Mukthar Muhammad, told the court that the accused persons contravened Section 200 and 408 B of the penal code.
All the accused persons pleaded guilty to the charge and were given a summary trial by Chief Magistrate Abdullahi Usman.
Three of the accused persons, Jennifer innocent,Blessing Tioyo and Comfort David were sentenced to 12 months imprisonment or pay an option of N50,000 fine.
Blessing Marshal, Inferang Akpan, Godwin Jennifer were ordered to serve six-month imprisonment or pay N30,000 fine each.
But the duo of Hadiza Muhammad, Evelyn Daniel were fined N20,000 each while James Omande, Jessica Gbele who claimed to be students were fined N10,000 each or in the alternative to serve a maximum of three and one month in prison respectively.
Chairman of the Liquor board, Yahaya Pera, said no stone would be left unturned to end prostitution in all the 25 local government areas of the state.
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days