- ticket title
- Maina challenges EFCC to open debate on pension fraud
- I’m under serious pressure — Buhari
- Customs intercepts container load of illicit drugs in Lagos
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
Nigeria’s recently assented 2016 budget will run until May 2017, the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on National Assembly (Senate), Ita Enang, has stated.
“The Act provides that the budget takes effects from the date assented to by the president, and run a full course of 12 months,” said Mr. Enang, a former lawmaker who once chaired the Senate Committee on Rules and Business.
“So, as the president assented to this budget on the 6th of May, 2016, this budget will last and expire on 6th of May 2017. This is an ingenious introduction by the National Assembly to ensure that there is full implementation of the budget.”
He spoke on Sunday in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.