- ticket title
- Lies, deceit and the many reasons I want Obiano out – Peter Obi
- How IGP Idris Is Compromising Buhari’s Anti-Corruption Fight
- Tuface Breaks Silence On Controversies Surrounding His Colleague Davido And The Deaths Of His 3 Friends
- Gucci Man’s new wife, Keyshia Ka’oir allegedly has three secret children and she lied about her age
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
The 22-year-old Emehin, who is of the Department of Systems Engineering, had pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual assault.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs B.O. Osunsanmi, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200,000 with two reputable sureties in like sum.
Osunsanmi said that the sureties must have verifiable addresses.
She ordered that the sureties must also provide evidence of two years tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
The magistrate, however, referred the case file to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution for legal advice and adjourned the matter till Oct. 19
The Prosecutor, Insp Simeon Imhonwa, said the accused, who resides at Onadeko Street in Lawanson, Surulere, Lagos, committed the offence at Adekunle St., Makoko, Lagos, on Aug. 6.
“The accused had forceful carnal knowledge of the victim without her consent.
“The victim, 17, a fellow student of the same university, had earlier followed the accused to a beach party at Lekki, Lagos.
“But after the party, the accused took the victim to an apartment.
“On getting into the apartment, the accused started touching, kissing and fingering the victim.
“The victim struggled with the accused but it was fruitless because he kept threatening to deal with her through blackmail.
“He eventually had forceful carnal knowledge of the victim without her consent,” he said.
The prosecutor said that the case was reported by University of Lagos authorities and the matter was transferred to Sabo Police Division.
The offence, he added, contravened Section 260 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.