- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
There are many types of vaginal discharge- white, clear odourless to creamy or brownish discharge with strong odour depending on the cause.
The guide below may help identify the cause of the discharge.
1. Thick and white, odourless – Cyclical
Related to the menstrual cycle. It occurs at the beginning and end of the cycle and its normal
2. Clear and stretchy or slippery -Ovulation
Occurs during ovulation
3. Purulent and malodorous
Discharge, painful, red blisters or sores to appear around the private parts
private part herpes
4. Bloody or brown
Irregular menstrual cycles, or less often, cervical or endometrial cancer
Abnormal vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain. Could be present pre-puberty or after menopause.
5. Creamy white or yellow, odourless
Bleeding between periods, urinary incontinence
6. Profuse, frothy, yellow or greenish with a bad smell
Pain and itching while urinating. Soreness, swelling and itching around the v**ina
Shedding of the uterine lining after childbirth (lochia)
8. Thick, white, cheesy (like cottage cheese). Discharge may smell slightly yeasty
Inflamed cervix, swelling, itchiness, as well as soreness and pain around the vulva. May cause itching and painful s*xual intercourse. Not sexually transmitted
9. Thin, white, gray, or yellow with fishy odor
Inflammation of the v**ina or vulva. BV is an imbalance in the normal bacteria found in your v**ina. Not sexually transmitted.