- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
Former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has revealed that 99% of those arrested during his tenure over allegations of corruption, were members of the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He stated this at a reception organized for former president Olusegun Obasanjo last weekend.
Ribadu, however, insisted that Obasanjo refused to interfere with the activities of the anti-graft agency.
“Things really happened during that period and there were a couple of difficult moments because 99 percent of the people we arrested were Peoples Democratic Party members.
“He (Obasanjo) exercised self-restraint; he refused to interfere with the day-to-day running of the EFCC.
“Obasanjo is a living proof that hard work does not kill. I wish he would never retire. You can’t afford to retire,” Ribadu said.