Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
Former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has revealed that 99% of those arrested during his tenure over allegations of corruption, were members of the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He stated this at a reception organized for former president Olusegun Obasanjo last weekend.
Ribadu, however, insisted that Obasanjo refused to interfere with the activities of the anti-graft agency.
“Things really happened during that period and there were a couple of difficult moments because 99 percent of the people we arrested were Peoples Democratic Party members.
“He (Obasanjo) exercised self-restraint; he refused to interfere with the day-to-day running of the EFCC.
“Obasanjo is a living proof that hard work does not kill. I wish he would never retire. You can’t afford to retire,” Ribadu said.