- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
The death has been announced of Abia State Treasurer of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Steve Omeoga.
Omeoga reportedly slumped at a popular sport club, in Umuahia, the state capital, shortly after playing a lawn tennis game with a club member on Wednesday evening.
A member of the sports club, said after playing the game successfully, Omeoga, who did not appear too exhausted, sat down on the court.
He said, “Initially members thought he was relaxing, only to observe with shock, that the man had slumped and was gradually losing consciousness.
“Efforts were made by club members to resuscitate him, before rushing him to the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia where the doctors battled fruitlessly to save his life. We lost him.”
The state PDP Publicity Secretary, Chief Don Ubani, who confirmed his death to newsmen on Thursday said, “It is unfortunate, he is dead.”