- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the March 12 Akwa Ibom rerun election, Mr Victor Okon, has withdrawn his candidacy.
Okon, vying for the Oron/Udung Uko constituency, made the announcement to newsmen in Uyo on Friday.
His withdrawal came less than 24 hours to the rerun election.
Okon said that “after due consultation with my family and immediate constituency, I have decided to withdraw from the rerun election fixed for March 12, 2016 for very personal reasons.
“I have also already resigned from the All Progressives Congress (APC). This is my will and final decision on this matter.”
He thanked the people of Oron/Udung Uko state constituency for their unflinching support and assistance throughout his sojourn and during the contest and his political career.
Okon contested the Oron Udung Uko state constituency election on the platform of APC in the April 11, 2015 election and lost to Mr Effiong Bassey of the PDP.