Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
The attempt to bomb the University of Maiduguri has continued on the rise , just barely 48 hours after three suicide bombers attacked the University of Maiduguri, another bomber on Saturday detonated his explosive outside the perimeter fencing of the school.
The Borno State police commissioner, Damian Chukwu, said the incident happened at about 10 a.m.
He said the bomber hid near the the university’s Children Secondary School, and detonated the bomb, killing himself, when he sighted a security man coming in his direction.
There was no other casualty in the incident, he said.
The incident, the third in less than two weeks, has however heightened tension in the campus, as students and staffers alike expressed worries over the frequent attacks there.
The university lies on the outskirts of Maiduguri, on the route to Bama.
Aside from the brick perimeter fence on the front side of the university, there is no major barrier at the back of the University, which seems to allow insurgents easy access into the campus.
Last week, one of the five Boko Haram commanders swapped for the 82 abducted Chibok School girls appeared in a video threatening to inundate the country with more bomb attacks.
The military dismissed the video as “cheap propaganda”.
Source: ( Punch Newspaper )