Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Tension as ex-militants plan to re-group, threaten Buhari’s government
- Buhari man in more troubles as Senate links him to fake firms
- Despite Osun’s N165 billion debt, Aregbesola secures N19 billion loan from Islamic Development Bank
- House of Reps summon Emefiele, Kachikwu over alleged diversion of 26m dollars
- BREAKING: Osinbajo, El-Rufai meet briefly at Kaduna Airport (photos, video)
The Nigerian Army Council has approved the promotion of no fewer than 227 officers.
Among those promoted are Adeboye Obasanjo, son of ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo, and its spokesman, Sani Usman, Premium Times reports.
Details of a memo, dated December 9, 2016, showed that the promotion will take effect from as far back as March 2014 for some officers and as recent as December 2016 for many others.
The promotion comes three years after the decoration of 102 officers by the Goodluck Jonathan administration.
The officers were considered for promotion by the Army Council in strict compliance with the provisions of the Armed Forces Act.
In the latest rounds, Chukwunedum Abraham, the general officer commanding of the Nigerian Army 2nd Division in Ibadan and 20 other officers were promoted to the position of Major-General.
Ninety-three were elevated to the rank of Brigadier-General, including Sani Usman, the spokesman for the army, whose promotion from the rank of colonel took effect from September 5, 2016.
Obasanjo’s son and 112 others were promoted from the position of a lieutenant colonel to colonels. His promotion which is effective August 27, 2016, came two years after he sustained serious injuries in a shootout with Boko Haram insurgents in Adamawa state.
Below is the full list of all the promoted officers:
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days