- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
– IPOB has called on its members to avoid confrontation with the army which it accuses of planning to murder more south easterners
– The group says the army cannot deny the killings of pro-Biafra protesters which occurred in broad daylight
– IPOB reiterates its resolve to continue using a non-violent approach towards the realisation of the Biafra struggle
Groups in the south-east geopolitical zone have been demanding for the actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra.
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has declared Operation David Dance to counter the Nigerian Army’s Operation Python Dance which was launched in the south-east geopolitical zone recently.
The group in a statement on Tuesday, December 6 in Awka, Anambra state, by IPOB’s media and publicity secretary, Emma Powerful, said the Operation David Dance is recognised by the God Almighty in the Bible.
IPOB however called on its members to avoid confrontation with the army which it accused of planning to murder more south easterners in the name of providing security, Vanguard reports.
The group said: “IPOB worldwide advises the people of Biafra and IPOB members to be sure they don’t fall victim in the hands of the Pharaohs’ soldiers called Operation Python Dance in the South-East.
“IPOB devises a means of Operation David Dance which is recognised by the God Almighty in the Bible. It was the dance that gave David victory against Goliath at the battlefront because God Almighty does not sleep.
“We are also aware that the world knows that the annual report from Amnesty International against the cold-blooded killing of unarmed members of IPOB in Nigeria by the security agents are correct and even the soldiers know that the reports are correct.”
According to the Punch, IPOB said the army cannot deny the killings of pro-Biafra protesters which occurred in broad daylight.
It said every single individual saw how they killed people randomly in the streets.
The group also reiterated its resolve to continue using a non-violent approach towards the realisation of the Biafra struggle.
“IPOB is a properly organised group which adopted a non-violent approach towards the realisation of God’s project and truth. God , the Almighty, is on the side of Biafrans and He will liberate his people from the shackles of bondage,” it said.
Meanwhile, Chris Ekpenyong who is a former deputy governor of Akwa Ibom state has issued a warning to Biafra agitators not to force the Niger Delta region into its map.
This Day reports that the former Akwa Ibom governor called on the pro-Biafra groups to be cautious in their scheming.
Ekpenyong spoke in Uyo where he said Biafra will never be achieved if the Niger Delta region is included in the map.
He also called on Niger Delta militants to stop further destruction of oil facilities in the region to avoid worsening the poverty situation that was already affecting the region.