- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Tuesday declared that it is ready for war in order to actualize the restoration of Biafra.
IPOB made the declaration while faulting the refusal of the Federal Government to grant its call for referendum.
The group also faulted the stance of the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, for insisting on the unity of Nigeria.
In a statement by its Directorate of State, Chinasa Nworu, the pro-Biafra group maintained that it would “gladly and happily,” go to war again.
“We ask for a referendum to go our separate way, but you, Okorocha and your Hausa Fulani brothers are conversing for war.
“If it comes to that, Biafrans shall defend themselves, we have done it before and we shall gladly and happily do it again.
“Remember that 2017 shall never be compared to 1967-1970. As you summoned the pastors, traditional leaders and your so called leaders also don’t fail to summon the Arewa youths to build bridges over the lives of Biafran in the Northern Nigeria over their quit notice of October 1st, 2017.”