Thursday, 21/9/2017 | 12:30 UTC+0
LATEST NAIJA NEWS – Nigeria News  | Breaking News | Today News
Need Website design
Do you need a website for your business?

Boko Haram coming to an end as military begins operation to take over Sambisa forest

nigerian-military-army

– Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin said effort to decimate Boko Haram is underway in Sambisa forest

– The chief of defence staff commended troops for their efort

– He also indicated that terrorists willing to surrender have the opportunity to do so

Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin who is the chief of defence staff has announced that an “Operation Crackdown’’ has started to put an end to Boko Haram insurgency in the country.

Daily Post reports that the chief of defence staff revealed this after he inspected some military fighting equipment at the headquarters of the Theatre Command, Operation Lafiya Dole.

He said troops have commenced the operation and that a similar one tagged “Operation Safe Corridor Initiative’’ was in place to allow terrorists surrender.

He said: “That is the corridor for them to surrender. That corridor is always open.

“However, we will not wait until they surrender, that is why operation crackdown, to ensure that we take over the Sambisa, clear the terrorists from those places and make the place safe for development.”

Olonisakin explained that he was in Maiduguri for operational visit to encourage the troops to continue the fight and commend their efforts so far.

He also applauded the chief of army staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai for his creativity and effort in fighting towards ending Boko Haram insurgency.

Loading...

About

Facebook Comments