- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
Maj.-Gen Kasimu AbdulKarim, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 2 Division, Ibadan, says the Nigerian Army has totally decimated the activities of Boko Haram insurgents in the country.
AbdulKarim disclosed this on Tuesday during an interactive session with newsmen at the Tiger’s Den, Adekunle Fajuyi Cantonment, Ibadan.
“If you look at what has been happening before now and make a comparison yourself, you will know that the Armed forces are in charge.
“We have not been having incessant attacks on either hard or soft targets,” he said.
AbdulKarim said that the division would continue to provide adequate security within the western region of the country.
According to him, “this division has not actually had so much security challenges as compared to other areas.
“The western region is the most peaceful in the country and we will uphold it,” he said.
He said the division had been able to deal decisively with issues of kidnapping, robbery, cultism and herdsmen clashes.
“Some of the suspected Boko Haram members arrested within our division have been handed over to the police for prosecution,” he said.