- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
A 28-year-old man arrested for alleged pick-pocketing, has committed another crime of stealing N1,200 belonging to a police officer at the station where he was detained in Lagos.
The spokesperson of the Lagos Police Command, SP Dolapo Badmos, said the suspect, Deji Ayoola, who was arrested by operatives of Rapid Response Squad (RRS) for pick-pocketing, allegedly stole N1, 200 during an interrogation.
Badmos said that the suspect was arrested at Ojodu Berger when he allegedly stole a commuter’s money while trying to board a commercial vehicle to the Redemption Camp.
She said the suspect was sighted removing the wallet containing about N14,500 from the commuter’s purse, stressing that the police team pursued and arrested him.
”During his interrogation at the RRS’s headquarters in Alausa, the suspect stylishly stepped on N1,200 which fell from a police woman’s pocket while removing her cell phone from the pocket.
”When the money dropped on the floor, he picked it and pocketed it.
”Unknown to him, another suspect had seen him when he was hiding the money, and immediately alerted the officer that the money she was looking for was with the suspect,” Badmos said.
She said the suspect had been transferred to the State Environmental Task force for prosecution.