- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
Report just reaching us indicate that the planned nationwide march to protest against the government scheduled for Monday, February 6, in Lagos and Abuja has been cancelled.
2baba, who was seen as the ‘poster boy’ of the protest, shared a video on his Instagram handle, on Saturday, February 4, where he announced the cancellation of the planned protest due to security concerns and public safety consideration.
According to the singer the protest is under serious threat of hijack by interests not aligned with the ideals of the march.
Recall that 2baba lent his voice to the Enough is Enough group which packaged the protest and several other celebrities had vowed to be present at different venues.
There had been plans by the police in Lagos state to stop the peaceful march against the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government, but a truce was reached on Friday, February 3, and the security operatives will now serve as back up for the people.
The federal government had also insisted that it was not against the protest as citizens have a right to association.