Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- JUST IN: Buhari’s aide exposes Senate again, reveals how legislators push civil servants into corruption
- Buhari practices the worst form of corruption, says Reno Omokri
- My reputation is at stake, I’ll resign if Abuja Airport repair exceeds 6 weeks – Minister
- Melaye sings to shame his ‘enemies’ after ABU VC testified over certificate scandal (Video)
- APC governor diverts N500 million from Paris-club loan refund to re-pay personal loan
The former Transition Committee Chairman of Ughelli North Local Government Council, Chief Friday Akpoyibo has regained his freedom barely a week after he was kidnapped by suspected Fulani herdsmen along Auchi-Abuja road, DAILY POST has exclusively gathered.
Chief Akpoyibo was released unhurt alongside two others at about 6pm on Thursday, January 26.
It is, however, yet to be confirmed whether a ransom was paid for their release.
A family source who craved anonymity confirmed Akpoyibo’s release to DAILY POST. He said,” We thank God that he was not killed. The story would have been different. He was released this morning but I cannot tell you if any ransom was paid.”
Contacted, the Delta State Acting Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Andrew Aniamaka could not confirm the report as at the time he was called by our reporter,”Please call me back in twenty minutes time,” he said.
Eventually our Correspondent called again when the twenty minutes elapsed but he still pleaded for more minutes.
He never got back to our Correspondent until press time.
The Delta State Commissioner of Police,CP Zanna Ibrahim Mohammed a did not pick or return several calls put across to his mobile phones.
Chief Friday Akpoyibo’S release has thrown the larger Akpoyibo family and the political class in Ughelli North into wild jubilation as they were seen celebrating and ascribing praises to God.