- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
An Abuja Federal High Court, on Thursday granted former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode bail in the sum of N50m and a surety in like sum.
Justice James Tsoho in his ruling held that the offence allegedly committed by the former Minister was bailable.
Fani-Kayode was granted bail following a request by his lawyer, Afedayo Adedipe, SAN.
The former spokesman of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign organisation was arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for allegedly collecting N26m from the Office of the National Security Adviser, ONSA.
Justice Tsoho, however, remanded the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chieftain in prison pending when he perfects his bail conditions.
Consequently, the judge adjourned the matter till December 14 for commencement of trial.
EFCC had earlier today arraigned the former Minister for allegedly benefiting from slush funds from ONSA.