- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
– These are not the best of times for the Nigerian economy
– Africa’s largest economy shrank to 2.2% in the third quarter
– This is according to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)
The Nigerian economy shrank to 2.2% for the third quarter of the year according to a report published by the National Bureau of Statistics on its website.
The report shows that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Quarter 3 of 2016 contracted by 2.24%, relative to 2.06% in Quarter 2 and 0.36% in Quarter 1.
According to a tweet from the NBS boss, Dr Yemi Kale, Nigeria needs a growth in Quarter 4 of 4.32% to avoid full year negative growth.
The Nigerian economy has continued to nose-dive under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari who assumed office last year.