- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
The Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho has made his first signing as Ivory Coast defender Eric Bertrand Bailly has joined from Villarreal.
The 22-year-old has penned a four-year deal, with the option for a further two years. Bailly, who was part of the Africa Cup of Nations-winning Ivory Coast team in 2015, arrives for a reported fee of around £30 million, subject to a work permit.
Bailly told the club’s official website: “It is a dream come true to be joining Manchester United. To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do.”
Bailly made 47 appearances for Villarreal since joining on January, 29, 2015. He made 15 appearances for his country and was part of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations-winning team, having appeared in all six matches during the competition.