Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
The Nigerian Senate has kicked off an investigation into whether Senator President Bukola Saraki and Senator Dino Melaye have abused their privileges as lawmakers in the Upper House of legislature.
While Senate is investigating Saraki over claims that he allegedly used his office to seek revenge against Nigeria Customs Service boos Hameed Ali, Melaye is being investigated over claims that he may have forged his certificate with which he ran for the legislative seat.
The Senate resolved to probe Saraki and Melaye following a motion moved by Senator Ali Ndume representing Borno South requesting that allegations against the two lawmakers should be investigated to ensure that there was no abuse of legislative privileges by them.
According to Ndume, allegations that the Senate invited Hameed Ali because he reportedly seized a bullet-proof Range Rover that belonged to Saraki because it did not have the proper papers needed to be looked into before the Red Chamber can move on with questioning Ali over the controversial issue of collecting Customs duties on old vehicles.
On the other hand, Ndume said allegations that Melaye did not really graduate from Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) in Zaria as claimed in his CV has to be investigated to make sure the truth is revealed.
more details soon