- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
The Nigerian Senate has voted against a bill seeking special status and federal grant for Lagos State.
The bill sponsored by Oluremi Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress Senator representing Lagos Central, was rejected on Wednesday after failing a voice vote called by Ike Ekweremadu.
Consequently, the bill, SB 112, failed to scale second reading for committee stage.
It sought one per cent of federally generated revenue as special grant for Lagos State in view of the former Nigeria capital’s socio-economic significance.
More to come…