Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday struck out a N10bn fundamental human rights enforcement suit filed by a former governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam, against the Department of State Service, its Director-General, Lawal Daura, and the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN).
Justice Gabriel Kolawole struck out the case following an application by Suswam’s lawyer, Mr. Joseph Daudu (SAN) for the withdrawal of the suit.
Counsel for the defendants, Mr. C.D Akpe,said he had no objection to the withdrawal.
Suswam, who was arrested on February 25, 2017 released from DSS custody on Sunday after spending about 70 days in detention, was present in court on Wednesday.
Suswam, who is being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission before Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the same Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, was absent from court on health grounds on Tuesday, which had been scheduled for the continuation of his trial.
He was, in the case, charged along with his then Commissioner of Finance, Mr. Omadachi Oklobia, with diversion of about N3.9bn belonging to the state when he was governor.
Suswam, alongside Oklobia, and the then Accountant, Benue State Government House Administration, Mrs. Janet Aluga, is also scheduled to be arraigned by Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation before Justice Kolawole on Thursday.