- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
– The former Sultan of Sokoto Ibrahim Dasuki is dead
– Dasuki died on Monday, November 14, at the National Hospital in Abuja
– He will be buried on Tuesday, November 15 after the 2 pm Islamic prayers in Sokoto state
The former Sultan who is also the father to former national security adviser Sambo Dasuki died on Monday, November 14, evening at the National Hospital in Abuja.
He died at the age of 93.
PRNigeria reports that the late Sultan will be buried on Tuesday, November 15, after 2 pm afternoon prayers according to Islamic rites.
The prayers will take place at the Hubbaren Shehu Usman Dan Fodio Site in Sokoto state.
Dasuki was the 18th Sultan of Sokoto.
He was dethroned in 1996 during military government of late general Sani Abacha. Before ascending the throne as Sultan, Dasuki was Baraden Sokoto.
He was the also the first Sultan from the Buhari line of the house of Dan Fodio and a close associate of Ahmadu Bello.
Meanwhile, his son Sambo is still in detention at the Abuja facility of the Department of State Services.
It is still unclear if he will be released by the federal government to pay his last respect to his father.