Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- APC: Political party constitutes committee on restructuring
- Senator pledges to work with disbanded reconciliation committee members
- Minister advocates use of quality, standard materials in mounting road signage
- You have no power to ban ASUU, NLC tells Kogi governor
- Dino Melaye: INEC asks court to vacate order stopping Senator’s recall
– Member of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Hajia Fatima Mohammed has predicted that there will be commotion if President Buhari does not contest for the seat again in 2019
– Mohammed said there will be hunger strikes and protests by women and youths on streets across Nigeria if the president does not contest once more
– Mohammed said President Buhari is doing so well and he deserves more than just four years to turn Nigeria round
A member of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Hajia Fatima Mohammed has said that President Muhammadu Buhari must contest for the position again in 2019 or members of the party will protest in the streets nationwide.
Speaking in an interview with Leadership, Mohammed said the president has done quite well so far and should therefore go for another term in office to complete his enormous work.
She said: “I will score President Muhammadu Buhari 80 per cent so far. This is because during the era of Former President Goodluck Jonathan, even those of us in Abuja, couldn’t sleep with both of our eyes closed because of the unprecedented level of insecurity in the country. We could hardly go to market or worship centers.
“People were postponing events including weddings because of insecurity crisis. It is important that we do not forget where we are coming from so soon. Security is paramount in the life of any government. Since President Buhari emerged, we can see that the first thing he did was to focus on security and I give him 100 per cent for that.”
She noted that APC will overcome its current challenges and present President Buhari again in 2019.
She added: “…Buhari is for 2019. So, all those people eyeing 2019 should sleep. They should put their minds to rest. In 2019, there is no vacancy. We will mobilize for Buhari to contest in 2019. Four years is not enough for him to set Nigeria fully on the right path. He needs eight years to do that. He cannot bring somebody and expect him to work like him. We have seen instances where governor’s bring successors and they turn back to fight them and make a mess of the work.
“The gravity of work to be done in Nigeria requires a personality like Buhari to do it. Over the years things went wrong in the system. There have been systemic corruption which made it difficult for us to develop at a faster pace. We want Buhari to continue and we will take up placards, go to the streets and campaign for him to continue. I am one of those championing Buhari’s second term.
The president, she said will not reject the nomination or else there would be protests nationwide.
“He will not (decline). We will go on hunger strike to ensure he contests. We will go on the streets, I mean it. I will mobilise women and youths for Buhari. Four years is not enough to change this country. The anti- corruption war cannot be finished in four years. This is barely two years and we are having more corruption cases happening,”
Meanwhile, Governor Rochas Okorocha has expressed concern over the performance of the All Progressives Congress (APC) since it came into power more than a year ago.
The Punch reports that the chairman of the APC governors’ forum raised this concern when he visited the Senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki on Wednesday, November 2.