Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Thousands of local government workers stage MASSIVE protest in Lagos
- GOOD NEWS! Ahead of UTME, JAMB reduces exam hours
- Why NASS could override Buhari if he rejects peace corps bill – Dogara warns
- Governor Aregbesola opens up on Ile-Ife crisis, says it’s not an inter-ethnic conflict
- JUST IN: Naira sustains gain against Dollar as CBN slashes BDC rate
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, forwarded to the Senate the name of Aghatise Erediauwa to be screened and confirmed for re-appointment as Executive Director, Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation, NDIC.
In a letter read on the floor of the Senate, yesterday, by Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over the session, President Buhari said the request was in accordance with Sections 5(4) and 8(3) of the NDIC Act.
The letter, dated January 17, 2017, said: “In accordance with the provisions of Sections 5(4) and 8(3) of the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation Act, I hereby forward the name of Mr. Erediauwa for the kind consideration and confirmation by the Senate for reappointment as Executive Director of NDIC.
“It is my hope that this will receive the usual expeditious consideration of the distinguished Senate.”