Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
– President Muhammadu Buhari has told vice chancellors of universities to expel students who who could not have 0.5 CGPA
– He made the statement at the 31st convocation of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
– The president said is criminal for students to loiter around in higher institutions.
President Muhammadu Buhari has advised vice chancellors of universities to expel students who who could not have 0.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) at the end of each academic year.
Speaking on Sunday March 26 at the 31st convocation of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), Buhari said such students should not be allowed to loiter around in higher institutions.
Buhari, who was represented by Anthony Onwuka, minister of state for education, said: “We must stop to continue housing adventurers, who have no business remaining in the universities beyond the time specified for their studies in the universities.”
“In that wise, it is being proposed that at the end of this academic year, any student with less than 0.5 CGPA should cease to be a student of the university and should be shown the way out.
“The universities must continue to have people who are serious in what they have come to do.
“If you have less than 0.5 in your CGPA, you are out. You are out for good so that the space will be left for those who have come to do serious business.”
We gathered that Buhari also expressed his commitment to the 2009 agreement entered into with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).