Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
The Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) has instructed commercial banks across the country to extend the deduction of N50 stamp duty to savings account transactions.
The apex bank had previously exempted savings accounts through a circular issued on January 15, 2016.
With this directive, every third party deposit into a savings account with a value of at least N1 000, will be automatically charged N50 stamp duty fee.
It is, however, not clear if deposits made by owners of savings accounts would be exempted.
It is also not clear whether salary accounts are exempted.