Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Alleged certificate forgery: More trouble for Dino Melaye as FG begins investigation
- Caution your appointees now before they destroy our democracy, Fayose warns Buhari
- Governor Ortom names ex-aide as mastermind of Benue killings
- Buhari’s men in more troubles as Senate uncovers e-passport scam
- It is not depression, Ifa priests give real reason why Dr Allwell Orji jumped into Lagos Lagoon
The Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) has instructed commercial banks across the country to extend the deduction of N50 stamp duty to savings account transactions.
The apex bank had previously exempted savings accounts through a circular issued on January 15, 2016.
With this directive, every third party deposit into a savings account with a value of at least N1 000, will be automatically charged N50 stamp duty fee.
It is, however, not clear if deposits made by owners of savings accounts would be exempted.
It is also not clear whether salary accounts are exempted.
Learn How to Design a Website/Blog in 3 Days