Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- APC: Political party constitutes committee on restructuring
- Senator pledges to work with disbanded reconciliation committee members
- Minister advocates use of quality, standard materials in mounting road signage
- You have no power to ban ASUU, NLC tells Kogi governor
- Dino Melaye: INEC asks court to vacate order stopping Senator’s recall
– Nigerians have asked senator Dino Melaye to explain why he did NYSC before his graduation
– Senator Melaye had in a vedio clip he released after Senate committee on Monday, 27 mocked Sowore, SaharaReporters publisher
– ABU VC had told the Senate committee that Dino Melaye graduated from the institution with third class degree
Nigerians have taken to their social media to react to the certificate scandal of Senator Dino Melaye after he released a video clip where he mocked the publisher of SaharaReporters, Omoyele Sowore.
Senator Melaye has been in a running battle with SaharaReporters since last week over the latter’s damning revelation about the former’s inability to graduate from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, contrary to the senator’s claims.
The on-going certificate scandal around Senator Dino Melaye’s graduation from ABU Zaria has become a drum of jokes on the internet. There are lots of distorted facts and unanswered questions.
Twitter users are asking how it is possible for a man to graduate in 2000 but did NYSC in 1999. See the tweets after the cut.
We had earlier reported that ABU has since refused to confirm or deny Melaye’s graduation status saying it would await the outcome of a Senate investigation into the matter. Critics and opponents have accused Melaye of lying that he graduated from ABU and said he has no certificate to prove he graduated.
The lawmaker has, however, insisted he graduated from the university, one of Nigeria’s oldest universities.
Meanwhile, during the hearing, the Chairman Senator Samuel Anyanwu, having put Dino Melaye on oath, explained that there was a complaint against him by a colleague, Senator Ali Ndume that he was parading a questionable degree certificate from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
While responding, Dino having tendered series of documents to support that he was a graduate of Ahmadu Bello University explained that he has also sworn affidavit as to conflicts in his names.
“Distinguished Senators, I have sworn affidavit to my name which reads, Daniel Jonah Melaye to Dino Melaye, because Jonah is actually my father’s name.
He added: “Because I have become popular with Dino over times, I have decided to bear Dino Melaye and you could see that my admission to study Masters degree bears Dino Melaye.” One of the members of the committee, Senator Matthew Urhoghide noted that they could see statement of results with an affidavit and not the purported original degree from ABU.