- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
The Nigerian Army, on Wednesday, vowed to ensure the rescue of all the remaining girls still held in Boko Haram captivity.
Addressing a rally organized by Africa Arise for Change Network in conjunction with FCT Market Women Association to mark the release of the Chibok girls in Abuja, Lt Col Adamu Usman, on behalf of the army at the Army Headquarters Garrison, Abuja,promised that the military will ensure that every Nigerian being held in captivity is released and allowed to join their families to continue their normal life in the society.
Usman said troops are sweating it out in the battle field to ensure the restoration of peace and sanity to the nation, especially the crisis-ridden north eastern region.
He also commended the women, media as well as civil societies for their support and prayers for the military.
“The Nigerian Army is happy with the safe return of the girls. It is not over until is over. We want to assure Nigerians that the army and the Nigerian government won’t relent until this battle is won,” he said.
Recall that 82 of the abducted schoolgirls were released to the Federal Government few days ago amid excitement.