Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Thousands of local government workers stage MASSIVE protest in Lagos
- GOOD NEWS! Ahead of UTME, JAMB reduces exam hours
- Why NASS could override Buhari if he rejects peace corps bill – Dogara warns
- Governor Aregbesola opens up on Ile-Ife crisis, says it’s not an inter-ethnic conflict
- JUST IN: Naira sustains gain against Dollar as CBN slashes BDC rate
Confusion and breakdown of order and discipline at the 21 Brigade of the Nigerian Army with soldiers deployed to flushed out Boko Haram from the dreaded Sambisa Forest in Borno State turning against their officers and firing gunshots in all directions.
“The troops complained of mistreatment and then began to shoot indiscriminately, threatening to kill any officer who stand on their way”, a familiar source told Premium Times.
“The brigade is based in Bama but is currently deployed at Bula Bello in Sambisa for Operation Rescue Final,” a military insider said.
“They are saying their commanders have been treating them badly and telling them lies. As I speak to you, the firing is still going on, and there is confusion everywhere.”
The commander of the Brigade, Col AG Laka, could not immediately be reached to comment for this story.