Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
Adaobi Obi, a female banker has been arraigned before the Tinubu Magistrates’ Court, Lagos, for allegedly assaulting a Divisional Police Officer (DPO).
She was presented before Court Magistrate, Ade Adefulire who granted her bail in the sum of N200,000 following her not-guilty plea.
Addressing the court on the matter, Inspector Ben Ekundayo, the case prosecutor stated that the accused committed the offence on Friday, January 27, 2017 at the headquarters of the United Bank for Africa (UBA), Marina.
Ekundayo stated that the female banker obstructed the officer from discharging his duties, while also tearing his uniform.
“Obi assaulted SP Sina Olunlade, the DPO at Ebute-Ero Police Division by holding and tearing his uniform.
“She also beat the DPO and in the process, she gave him bruises on his face with her artificial nails.
“The accused was not allowed to drive through a particular an access road in the area because an electric pole fell on a road after a rainstorm in the area.
“People were directed to another route but the accused refused because the blocked route is closer to her office,” the prosecutor mentioned.
If convicted for the crime, Obi is expected to face three years imprisonment according to Section 172 of the of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.