Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Chief stripped, humiliated for disrespecting Oba of Benin [VIDEO]
- Buhari to work from home even after resumption
- Biafra? Ojukwu and I agreed Nigeria ‘must remain one and united’ – Buhari
- Buhari’s welcome speech failed to address ‘critical’ national issues – SDP
- President Buhari’s Broadcast Unifying – PPA
A Federal High court in Port Harcourt has nullified the election of the 22 local Government council chairmen and councillors in Rivers state.
The election was conducted during the administration of Chibuike Amaechi.
Justice Akambi ruled that the conduct of the election was illegal and an abuse of court process, owing to the fact that the matter was pending in court.
He stated that the state government was directed not to go ahead with the election but the order of court was fragrantly disobeyed.
Consequently, the 22 local government council chairmen who are all members of the All Progressives Congress have been sacked.