- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
A Federal High court in Port Harcourt has nullified the election of the 22 local Government council chairmen and councillors in Rivers state.
The election was conducted during the administration of Chibuike Amaechi.
Justice Akambi ruled that the conduct of the election was illegal and an abuse of court process, owing to the fact that the matter was pending in court.
He stated that the state government was directed not to go ahead with the election but the order of court was fragrantly disobeyed.
Consequently, the 22 local government council chairmen who are all members of the All Progressives Congress have been sacked.