- ticket title
- Lagos Police uncover child trafficking camp in Lagos
- Nnamdi Kanu’s mysterious disappearance poses troubling questions
- Boko Haram: Army chief, Buratai sends strong warning to insurgents
- We’ll soon completely decimate Boko Haram, militants in N-Delta — CAS
- End erratic power supply in 2018 – Group tells Buhari
Minister of Sports, Mr. Solomon Dalung, has said that his ministry has yet to receive its 2016 budget.
He spoke in Abuja at the Special Edition of Town Hall Meeting series dedicated to youths.
The event, which was held at the Presidential Villa, was attended by other six ministers.
Dalung, however, said that President Muhammadu Buhari had been augmenting the spending of the ministry.
He said there were plans to send a supplementary budget to the National Assembly.
Buhari only last week submitted the 2017 Appropriation Bill to the National Assembly for consideration.
The National Assembly, which has gone on break, is expected to begin work on the budget when it resumes on January 10, 2017.
Dalung blamed the challenges facing the sports sector on zero budgeting in 2016.
He told the gathering that the ministry had learnt some lessons from the recent protest by the Super Falcons over the refusal of the country to pay them their entitlements after winning the African Women’s Cup of Nations in Cameroon.
Dalung said, “We are definitely going to take steps to ensure that things that brings disgrace to our national image are prevented.
“As a ministry, we will take careful look at events and ensure a proper planning in the future. We will take a proper steps address some of the things that happened.”