- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
– Aliko Dangote told photojournalist that he has purchased Arsenal
– Dangote has put his his $30m mansion in Abuja for sale to move to the UK
– The billionaire wants to move abroad to be able to watch Arsenal play games
– The Nigerian did not give details of his purchase of the London club
Has Aliko Dangote actually confirmed his purchase of Arsenal football club?
It is no longer a secret that the billionaire is an Arsenal fan and is extremely interested in buying the majority shares of the London club which he has confirmed.
It seems the Nigerian has finally gotten his which after confirming his purchase of the club to photojournalists of Africancradle.com while giving them a tour of his house.
Dangote is reportedly ready to sell his $30m Abuja mansion as he intends moving to the United Kingdom to be closer to his club side.
African Cradle reports: “Mr. Dangote has called this place home for a good twelve years, and he said he is selling the property because he has just completed a new piece of real estate in the United Kingdom, where he is switching to after putting ink to paper on a deal to purchase the london based Arsenal Football Club.
“Mr. Dangote is actually an avid soccer supporter, contrary to many people’s expectations, and he said he was looking forward to watching all the Arsenal matches from the Emirates Stadium after closing the deal.”
Arsenal told his visitors: “I have to be there! I have to be there.”
He added: “Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn’t have in your home.
“I love watching television. I watch a lot of business channels, such as Bloomberg TV, which is my favourite and many others.
“I look forward to the day when Africa will have quality media, which gives us good entertainment, and insightful information into African business trends and those from other parts of the world as well. But yeah, welcome, this is my living room.”
So there you have it Arsenal fans, Aliko Dangote has bought the club?
Do you think he will usher in an era of trophies for the club?