Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
– Senator Melaye raised more than a few eyebrows when he appeared at the Senate on Tuesday dressed in full Academic robe
– The senator is currently knee-deep in a certificate scandal after Sahara Reporters alleged that he did not gradate from Ahmadu Bello University
Following his certificate scandal, Senator Dino Melaye, representing Kogi west senatorial district appears at the Senate on Tuesday, March 28 for plenary dressed in academic robe and cap, We gathered.
Melaye reportedly went round the chamber to exchange pleasantries with all the Senators present, while also parading his academic robe, News Agency of Nigeria reports.
Melaye first degree at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria had come under hot questions in the last week.
Many online reports had it that the senator did not graduate from the institution like he claimed.
However, the question surrounding his graduation was laid to rest on Monday when the Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Professor Ibrahim Garba confirmed that the senator graduated from the University.
Professor Garba told the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public petitions that Melaye graduated in year 2000 as Daniel Jonah Melaye.
He added that the Senator graduated with a third class degree in geography.
Meanwhile, We have gathered that there is an alleged ongoing plot by the Senate to suspend Senator Ndume over his motion that led to investigation against Senate President Bukola Saraki and Senator Dino Melaye (APC, Kogi West).
Ndume, who was the former majority leader, made a motion last week notifying the Senate of media reports alleging that the Senate was on vengeance against the Customs Comptroller-General, Hamid Ali over a seized SUV car allegedly belonging to Saraki.
Meanwhile, We have gathered few reactions of people to Senator Melaye arriving the Senate in his academic gown:
Vocal activist, Kayode Ogundamisi, while reacting to the photo of Dino Melaye’s appearance in the Senate today said: “The tragedy of @dino_melaye aka Meliar storming @NGRSenate in borrowed academic robes. He claimed to have graduated from ABU 17 years ago but failed to ‘collect’ his certificate. Photo Here is the sad story of a Fraudster.”
Ogundamisi shared series of photos to show the difference between Melaye’s NYSC certificate and that of another man.