Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- APC: Political party constitutes committee on restructuring
- Senator pledges to work with disbanded reconciliation committee members
- Minister advocates use of quality, standard materials in mounting road signage
- You have no power to ban ASUU, NLC tells Kogi governor
- Dino Melaye: INEC asks court to vacate order stopping Senator’s recall
The Edo state 2016 governorship election tribunal sitting in Benin City, the state capital has again adjourned till December 12, to commence pre-trial.
The candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), in the governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and his party, challenged the election of Governor Godwin Obaseki.
Mr Ize-Iyamu had rejected the results declared by the electoral umpire, as he alleged that voters were induced and that the state government collaborated with INEC to doctor the results in favour of the APC.
Meanwhile, the tribunal had ordered the petitioners to file their application and serve the respondents by December 3, while the respondents were also expected to respond by December 5.
Before adjourning the case however, the tribunal insisted that its earlier order regarding the inspection of materials used for the election must be obeyed.
Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC), had announced Godwin Obaseki as winner of the Edo state governorship election.
The APC supporters took to the major streets of Benin City, to celebrate their party’s victory, after what they described as free, fair and credible polls.