Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- The Senate And Theft Of Nigerian Voices By Erasmus Ikhide
- We Are All Biafrans By OurMumuDonDo Movement
- Nnamdi Kanu Brainwashed My Brother; Says Man Whose Relation Was Killed In Clash
- APC to field professors in Enugu local council polls
- 70-yr-old man with 3 wives, 14 children arrested for defiling 7-yr-old orphan for 4 years
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Tuesday responded to a Twitter user who called the agency out for letting Nigerians fall victim to the MMM scheme.
Recall that promoters and participants of MMM in Nigeria on Tuesday woke up to panic as the ponzi scheme was frozen and all confirmed accounts suspended.
The Twitter user, @Lolami_Boo, called out the EFCC, asking other MMM users to hold the agency responsible for the alleged crash of the MMM.
The user wrote: “Where the hell was EFCC? Isn’t it your job to stop crap like this?”
In a swift response, the EFCC on its official handle @ officialEFCC said, “You mean amongst the plethora of venality we fight daily, Ponzi schemes aren’t sustainable?
“There were a number of warning.”
Also, recall that the the EFCC had confirmed ongoing surveillance on the MMM investment scheme, warning that there was big chance of desperate subscribers on such platforms of losing their investments.