- ticket title
- Many killed as police, miners clash in Taraba
- Wike’s like one of my sons – Amaechi
- Buhari’s Overseas Medicare Shows Inequality In Nigeria – Falana Says
- Boko Haram Supremacy Battle – Shekau Loses Grounds to Albarnawi Faction
- 2019: I have no intention of replacing Osinabajo as Buhari’s running mate
The elder Dasuki, a former Sultan of Sokoto, died at age 93 on Monday, November 14, in Abuja.
Sambo Dasuki is alleged to have spearheaded the $2 billion arms deal fraud through which funds for the purchase of weapons to fight Boko Haram were squandered by government officials.
He has been in DSS custody since December 2015 after being arrested on the orders of President Muhammadu Buhari and charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC).
The ECOWAS court, in October, ordered the government to release Dasuki but the latter says it must study the judgment before complying.
The government had earlier told the court that releasing Dasuki would be dangerous.
The older Dasuki will be buried at the Hubbaren Shehu Usman Dan Fodio Site in Sokoto State after the 2.00pm prayers on Tuesday.