- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
The federal government yesterday confirmed the discovery of crude oil in Borno State, North East Nigeria, thus raising the hope of the region joining the league of oil producing areas in the not-too-distant time.
The disclosure was made by the permanent secretary, Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Dr. Jamila Shua’ra, when she presented her welcome address at the presentation of the 2016 petroleum sector scorecard held at the auditorium of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PDF) in Abuja yesterday.
She brandished the discovery of crude oil in Borno State as one of the achievements of the ministry during the year, saying, “Our doggedness culminated in the discovery of oil in new frontiers – Lagos and Borno.”
Shua’ra listed other achievements of the ministry: “Today, as a team, we have recorded commendable achievements in our sector: the introduction of the PMS Price Modulation Matrix; the availability of PMS in all outlets; eradication of payment on fuel subsidies; located foreign direct investment to finance midstream oil and gas infrastructure; adopted exit strategies on Joint Venture Cash Call; robust engagement of host communities to reduce agitations; creation of more stable industrial relations,” she said.