Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- JUST IN: Buhari’s aide exposes Senate again, reveals how legislators push civil servants into corruption
- Buhari practices the worst form of corruption, says Reno Omokri
- My reputation is at stake, I’ll resign if Abuja Airport repair exceeds 6 weeks – Minister
- Melaye sings to shame his ‘enemies’ after ABU VC testified over certificate scandal (Video)
- APC governor diverts N500 million from Paris-club loan refund to re-pay personal loan
The Federal Government is reportedly set to hand over Shiite leader, Sheikh Zakzaky, to the Kaduna State government for trial.
It was gathered that the handing over was authorized by the Attorney General of the judgment (AGF), Malami Abubakar.
According to Daily Trust, the State government had since requested Zakzaky to be handed but the Federal government refused until now.
The Sheikh’s release is said to enable the state government to charge the cleric to court for offences allegedly committed for close to three decades.
The development, however, is in contrast to a judgement of an Abuja Federal High Court.
The court had ordered the Federal Government to release the Sheikh and build a house in any town of the Northern town of his choice for him.
The court also ruled that he should be compensated for the trampling of his fundamental rights.