- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
The Federal Government is reportedly set to hand over Shiite leader, Sheikh Zakzaky, to the Kaduna State government for trial.
It was gathered that the handing over was authorized by the Attorney General of the judgment (AGF), Malami Abubakar.
According to Daily Trust, the State government had since requested Zakzaky to be handed but the Federal government refused until now.
The Sheikh’s release is said to enable the state government to charge the cleric to court for offences allegedly committed for close to three decades.
The development, however, is in contrast to a judgement of an Abuja Federal High Court.
The court had ordered the Federal Government to release the Sheikh and build a house in any town of the Northern town of his choice for him.
The court also ruled that he should be compensated for the trampling of his fundamental rights.