Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
In the wake of Enoch Adeboye’s resignation, Nigeria’s government suspends FRC code of corporate governance
Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment Press Release (FMITI) Press Release January 9, 2017
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SUSPENDS CODE OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
The Corporate Governance Code issued by the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRC) has been suspended, pending a detailed review, extensive consultation with stakeholders and reconstitution of the board of the FRC
“Government remains committed to restoring and enhancing market confidence and improving the Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria,” said Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah
He continued: “Government is committed to strengthening FRC and enhancing its capacity to fulfill its core mandate.”
FRC is one of the parastatals under the supervision of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment.
The Council is responsible for setting and promoting compliance with standards for accounting, financial reporting and auditing in Nigeria. It also regulates the practices of professionals involved in financial reporting and promotes good practices in financial reporting and corporate governance in Nigeria.