Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Read what Tompolo did with Delta state government in Gbaramatu Kingdom
- Stop telling Nigerians lies, Buhari has a scandal to answer for
- Certificate scandal: Explain why you graduated in 2000 and did NYSC in 1999, Nigerians tells Dino Melaye
- Drama in National Assembly as Senator Dino Melaye appears in his academic robe (Photo)
- SEE Beautiful photos of police officers matriculating in Kano
No fewer than twelve persons died as a result of 385 fire incidents in Sokoto State from January till December this year,according to the Director-General of the State Fire Service Department, Alhaji Ibrahim Dingyadi.
Dingyadi told the News Agency of Nigeria( NAN)in Sokoto on Monday that, properties worth over N 2.1 billion were also lost in the infernos.
Properties worth over N 2.8 billion were also saved from the blazes by the Department.
Dingyadi attributed most of the infernos to electrical faults and mishandling of fires in homes, markets and other commercial areas.
” The Department has embarked on series of sensitisation campaigns to raise awareness of the residents on fire prevention and mitigation.
” They are also being sensitized on the need to report fire outbreaks on time, as well as follow laid down rules and regulations in constructing structures.”
The director-general further disclosed that,the state government has recently ordered for ten new fire engines for the department.
Similarly, five of the existing ones have been refurbished,while eight new fire stations were being established.
”We are also in the process of rehabilitating the existing fire stations, recruitment of new firemen,training and retraining.
” We are also in the process of taking over the fire engines in the 23 local governments, to boost fire prevention and control,” Dingyadi said