Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Nigeria: Group Disowns ‘Prophet’ Over Prophecy Against Umahi
- Nigeria: No Election in Southeast Without Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu
- Fulani Herdsmen Beat A Lady In Her Farm In Delta, Break Her Hand (Pics)
- Kidnapper Evans Installed CCTV In His Houses. This Is Why
- Man And Woman Caught In Child Trafficking At Stop Abortion Junction, Asaba
The Northern Governors’ Forum, NGF, has disclosed that Fulani herdsmen behind the killing of Nigerians are from Senegal and Mali.
Addressing reporters at the end of the Forum’s meeting in Kaduna on Tuesday, Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno State said a resolution to work with relevant stakeholders has been reached in securing Nigeria’s borders and register Fulani immigrants entering into the country to rear cattle.
Shettima, who doubles as the Chairman of the Forum, emphasised the need for every Nigerian to see security as a personal business, pointing out that the nation would remain backward if there was no peace.
He said, “We also mapped out new strategies that would be used by the local Fulani herdsmen to rear their cattle without having to move across the country.”
The governor said the forum was working towards national integration and cohesion so that every Nigerian could conveniently settle in any part of the country without suffering any form of discrimination.
“Some of the past governors of Kano State, like the late Sabo Bakin Zawo, from Niger, and Ibrahim Shekarau, from Borno, were not indigenes technically, but were assimilated and even attained the highest office in Kano,” he said.