Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- Igbos are being marginalized and this is evidence – Reno Omokri
- Osinbajo sends POWERFUL message to Jonathan’s former godfather on his 90th birthday
- See how Obasanjo, Osinbajo, others attended the #Biafra50 event in Abuja (photos)
- List of TOP 10 coldest countries in the world
- Sad! Lady who wedded in 2016 and foresaw her death in January 2017 finally DIES (photos)
– Gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen struck on Thursday, March 17 in Edo state
– The gunmen swooped on travelers along the busy Benin-Auchi-Okene Highway and kidnapped 15 persons
– They also killed the immediate past chairman of Etsako-east local government area in the state
A report by Leadership indicates that gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen struck along the busy Benin-Auchi-Okene Highway on Thursday, March 17 in Edo state.
The herdsmen killed the immediate past chairman of Etsako-east local government area in the state, Mr Suleiman Afegbua.
They also kidnapped 15 travelers along the busy Benin-Auchi-Okene Highway according to the report.
The armed men were said to have stopped many of the motorists at the popular Ogbemudia Farm at Iguevbihobo village where they searched all occupants of the vehicles after the victims laid face down on the road.
It was gathered that the late Afegbua attempted to escape from the scene of the attack when the gunmen opened fire at him.
He died at the spot while other occupants of the vehicles trapped were taken to an unknown location.
It was gathered that the late Afegbua was on his way to Benin when he met his sudden death.
The late politician was a cousin to the All Progressives Congress (APC) state vice chairman, Malik Afegbua and ex-Special Adviser (SA) on media to former Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Prince Kassim Afegbua.
But the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Edo state police command, Mr Moses Nkombe confirmed the incident but said there was no report of any abduction.
He said the victims were travelling in a convoy when the armed men ambushed them at the spot and shot at them in the process.