- ticket title
- Kidnappers Who Came To Collect N20m Ransom Killed In Anambra Today (Graphic Photo)
- Oyo Police Parade Serial Burglar, Robbers And Kidnappers (photos)
- Why We Revoked Contract With Atiku’s Intels – NPA
- Osinbajo Denies Approving NNPC Contracts
- IPOB: Lethal Weapons Recovered From Kanu’s Residence
– Gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen struck on Thursday, March 17 in Edo state
– The gunmen swooped on travelers along the busy Benin-Auchi-Okene Highway and kidnapped 15 persons
– They also killed the immediate past chairman of Etsako-east local government area in the state
A report by Leadership indicates that gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen struck along the busy Benin-Auchi-Okene Highway on Thursday, March 17 in Edo state.
The herdsmen killed the immediate past chairman of Etsako-east local government area in the state, Mr Suleiman Afegbua.
They also kidnapped 15 travelers along the busy Benin-Auchi-Okene Highway according to the report.
The armed men were said to have stopped many of the motorists at the popular Ogbemudia Farm at Iguevbihobo village where they searched all occupants of the vehicles after the victims laid face down on the road.
It was gathered that the late Afegbua attempted to escape from the scene of the attack when the gunmen opened fire at him.
He died at the spot while other occupants of the vehicles trapped were taken to an unknown location.
It was gathered that the late Afegbua was on his way to Benin when he met his sudden death.
The late politician was a cousin to the All Progressives Congress (APC) state vice chairman, Malik Afegbua and ex-Special Adviser (SA) on media to former Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Prince Kassim Afegbua.
But the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Edo state police command, Mr Moses Nkombe confirmed the incident but said there was no report of any abduction.
He said the victims were travelling in a convoy when the armed men ambushed them at the spot and shot at them in the process.