Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- JUST IN: Buhari’s aide exposes Senate again, reveals how legislators push civil servants into corruption
- Buhari practices the worst form of corruption, says Reno Omokri
- My reputation is at stake, I’ll resign if Abuja Airport repair exceeds 6 weeks – Minister
- Melaye sings to shame his ‘enemies’ after ABU VC testified over certificate scandal (Video)
- APC governor diverts N500 million from Paris-club loan refund to re-pay personal loan
Some heavily armed Fulani herdsmen on Monday killed five persons in Gbada community in Kaure, Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State.
It was gathered that the attack was carried out at about 3a.m and that several villagers were also injured, while others are still missing.
The gunmen, numbering over 30, reportedly invaded the community at about 3a.m when the villagers were deep asleep.
Several cows were also said to have been stolen.
Gbada and environs situated on the border with neighbouring Kaduna State have come under attacks in recent times by rustlers.
The senator representing Niger East, Senator David Umaru, has condemned the attack, describing it as “barbaric and heinous,” while calling on security agencies to bring the perpetrators to book.
Umaru told Punch that he got a call from some members of the community informing him of the invasion of the rustlers and he promptly alerted the Police command in the state.