Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- APC: Political party constitutes committee on restructuring
- Senator pledges to work with disbanded reconciliation committee members
- Minister advocates use of quality, standard materials in mounting road signage
- You have no power to ban ASUU, NLC tells Kogi governor
- Dino Melaye: INEC asks court to vacate order stopping Senator’s recall
Some heavily armed Fulani herdsmen on Monday killed five persons in Gbada community in Kaure, Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State.
It was gathered that the attack was carried out at about 3a.m and that several villagers were also injured, while others are still missing.
The gunmen, numbering over 30, reportedly invaded the community at about 3a.m when the villagers were deep asleep.
Several cows were also said to have been stolen.
Gbada and environs situated on the border with neighbouring Kaduna State have come under attacks in recent times by rustlers.
The senator representing Niger East, Senator David Umaru, has condemned the attack, describing it as “barbaric and heinous,” while calling on security agencies to bring the perpetrators to book.
Umaru told Punch that he got a call from some members of the community informing him of the invasion of the rustlers and he promptly alerted the Police command in the state.