Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- APC: Political party constitutes committee on restructuring
- Senator pledges to work with disbanded reconciliation committee members
- Minister advocates use of quality, standard materials in mounting road signage
- You have no power to ban ASUU, NLC tells Kogi governor
- Dino Melaye: INEC asks court to vacate order stopping Senator’s recall
– Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state suddenly took the decision to sack his commissioner even though no reason was given – Governor Wike’s action is coming at a time he is entangled in a political battle with Rotimi Amaechi, his predecessor Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has sacked his commissioner for works, Mr Bathuel Harrison. A statement from the office of the Simeon Nwakaudu, the special assistant to the Governor Wike on electronic media, said the commissioner was sacked with immediate effect.
The government did not give any reason for Wike’s action, but the statement directed Harrison to hand over to the permanent secretary in the ministry of works. No reason was given by the government for Wike’s action Meanwhile, as the battle between Wike and Rotimi Amaechi, his predecessor, continues to heat up, the governor says he continues to believe that the current minister of transport is guilty of corruption and other infractions. This is in spite of Amaechi’s continued defence and explanations that he detests corruption.
NAIJ.com notes that Wike, who served as education minister under former President Goodluck Jonathan, berated Amaechi for superintending over a vicious insecure system that led to the assassination of prominent Rivers indigenes. Watch this video as Rotimi Amaechi speaks about the successes recorded by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari: