- ticket title
- Buhari’s Visit: Umahi’s Political Fate Hangs In The Balance
- Buhari’s Achievements Laudable Despite Inheriting An Empty Purse – Lai Mohammed
- How EFCC Shared 53 Property Seized From John Yusuf, Teidi, Others
- Buhari’s govt yet to win anti-graft war, says Tinubu
- Niger Delta: Kachikwu, Usani not behind Avengers’ return – APC
The Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF), comprising the 36 states governors of the federation, have expressed support for the economic policies initiated by President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) government.
The federal government recently admitted that the country was in recession, as Nigerians continue to go through the rigors of hardship.
Chairman of the forum and Zamfara State Governor, Alhaji Abdul’aziz Yari, conveyed the governors’ decision yesterday at the end of their emergency meeting held at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
This comes on the heels of a similar backing last week by the National Council of State (NCS), made up of former heads of states, assuring that if well implemented, the policies would go a long way to addressing the prevailing economic recession in the country.
Addressing State House Correspondents after the NGF meeting, Yari said the Forum would support the Buhari administration’s pursuit of the economic policies for the benefit of Nigerians.