Do you need a website for your business?
- ticket title
- APC: Political party constitutes committee on restructuring
- Senator pledges to work with disbanded reconciliation committee members
- Minister advocates use of quality, standard materials in mounting road signage
- You have no power to ban ASUU, NLC tells Kogi governor
- Dino Melaye: INEC asks court to vacate order stopping Senator’s recall
Lere Olayinka, aide to Ekiti state governor Ayo Fayose, has slammed chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption Itse Sagay (SAN) for making uncomplimentary comments about the Nigerian Senate.
In a tweet on his Twitter handle on Thursday, March 30, Olayinka described Sagay as a ‘man without honour’.
We recalls that the Nigerian Senate summoned Sagay on Wednesday, March 29 for making disparaging statement against the lawmakers.
Sagay was said to have made the disparaging comment against the Senate in reaction to the protest by the lawmakers against the retention of Mr Ibrahim Magu as the acting chairman of the EFCC.
Deputy Senate leader, Senator Bala Ibn Na’Allah, moved the motion during plenary on Wednesday, March 29, and it was supported by two other lawmakers, Ahmad Lawan, Senate leader and Peter Nwaoboshi.
Meanwhile, Sagay on Wednesday dismissed the summon.
He said: “They have no power or authority to summon me. I am not in the category of persons they can summon.”